(Updated)In-Depth Skincare Review: Naruko Raw Job's Tears Night Gelly


So here's the Raw Job's Tears Night Gelly Review!
Naruko Raw Job's Tears Night Gelly -S$22.90 at selected Watsons store and www.naruko.sg(for residents of Singapore)
I was kind of hesitant buying this since the videos about this gelly on YouTube exclaims how much it smells like the actual Job's Tears. Job tears smells like barley and I was afraid it'd make me think of food and feel yucky using it. 
Luckily, it didn't
 I grabbed this when it was on a 15% discount at Watsons. I'm always on the lookout for discounts. Hehe. 

Anyway, my skin initially reacted to it slightly with my pores getting all prickly but thankfully it didn't cause a breakout or anything.
I like Naruko products as the prices are comparable to other drugstore brands minus the harmful chemicals. Yippee!

The product:
The natural extract smell of it was delightfully pleasant. Smells like barley, as mentioned earlier.
This is lightest Naruko night gelly I've tried and is not moisturizing enough without using prior moisturizer(which I tend not to use!). So that's the downside to this product- not moisturizing enough especially for night time use or for dry skin types. It is the least viscous and so I use it as a day time moisturizer. It reminded me of a well blended fruit puree in terms of texture.( Very smooth but kind of thick. )When applied, it gives a refreshing cooling sensation that is pretty amazing, considering that I didn't refrigerate it and that it does not contain alcohol. This is when you apply Naruko's facial massage techniques to take care of your face ^_^
 The colour is pale yellowish white as shown above. I think it'll suit sensitive skin types well, as suggested by Naruko. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakout/rashes. (contributed partly by Singapore's crazy hot and humid weather.) When I broke out from a rash from Khiel's creme gel moisturizer (massive rashes and bumps, I tell you), this product cooled it down by providing gentle hydration. 
Additionally, it is said that Job's Tears is good for removing water retention in the face, commonly seen when one just wakes up. Just apply a fairly thick layer using an amount akin to a 50-cent Singapore coin and wash/wipe off after 5 minutes. 
As for its purported function for "supercritical whitening"(lolwut) I'd say it's not good at whitening. It merely evened out my skin tone subtly. I'm not looking for a whitening gel so I am alright with it. I think my skin is rather fair and I don't need it to be fairer than it already is lest I look like a ghost. I'd say the RJT range is more to make your skin more even-toned and subtly brighter looking. 

A closer look at the product


The packaging:
The gelly is stored in a brilliant red glass bottle which can be reused if you're environmentally conscious!
Naruko's gelly is packaged using a card board box which can be reused as some nifty stationery- follow instructions provided. Also, I've seen people complaining how the assembled product is flimsy and a very common sensical solution is to use the other board found inside the packaging as backing. I have no idea why people don't use it. It made my assembled pieces very sturdy.

Ending notes:
Do use the spatula provided as Naruko products do not contain preservatives. And please dispose of it once it has been opened for 6 months or more! Typically a jar lasts me for three to four months by using it as a daytime moisturizer. ^^ so it should be fine.
I will probably not try the lotion and serum as they contain Job's Tears oil. I know the oil is "valuable" or "precious" but with my kind of oily skin, I'd just avoid it entirely. 

La spatula! It fits snugly into my fingers.

...
And the ingredients, if you'd wanna know and gawk at how many plant-based ingredients there are. Also, the ones in bold are the patented concentration of "Phytoferulin" from Naruko. They are made to improve your skin's natural barrier which I think means less sensitivity.


Comments

Popular Posts