Perfume Review: Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender EDT



Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender EDT retails at all Crabtree & Evelyn outlets in Singapore. S$28/30ml and S$65/100ml

I must declare that I am not a Lavender fan. But since my friend never got the chance to pick this bottle up from me  and that the bottle has been sitting around in my room for months, I used it instead. This EDT is a new formula. I smelt the previous C&E Lavender Eau Fraiche and loathed it. For some reason lavender scents, when used in wrong concentrations, give me a nasty headache and a sense of revulsion. C&E's previous lavender smell was akin to having an entire bouquet of lavender thrust up into your nose- that's how strong it is. I know there are many who loved the previous Lavender scent from C&E but I happen to not be one of them. 
However, I do miss the previous packaging, where everything seems oh-so-English. Makes you feel like you're in the colonial era (and happen to be a rich person). The new EDT is packaged in a chunky glass bottle that seems cute but is a waste of glass. O.o and I am perturbed by the huge amount of packaging C&E often uses for their products - unneccessary wastage. 
The new scent is far more powdery with hints of lavender notes. I imagine it to be a lavender scented powder kind of smell, which is calming and clean.
 It's rather pleasant smelling(even for me!) and probably will be well received by most.
The downside is that it has low staying power. I can barely smell it two hours after application. And the powdery scent lingers more than the lavender.



Comments

Popular Posts