Skincare Caution: Khiel's Calendula Toner


I've heard raves about Khiel's Calendular toner and how it is all calming. I loved the fact that real Calendular flowers are inside the toner too. It adds a touch of "we add good stuff in there" in my opinion. 
However, despite receiving this sample for quite awhile, I do not dare to use it. 
It is due to the presence of methyparaben in such a high concentration- the 4th on the list, to be exact.
I admit I am anti-paraben. But even for those who are alright with paraben, they should know that this isn't a small amount we're talking about, it's the freaking fourth ingredient on the extensive list. I'd have happily used it since most of the ingredients look really beneficial!
I'm disappointed. Isn't Khiels reputed to be good for skin? They should know better than to put such ingredients in huge concentrations. And this toner isn't cheap, I think it was around 70 bucks for 200ml of products. Way overpriced IMO.
I can only speculate that the paraben is meant to ensure that the natural petals don't rot inside the bottle. 
Sorry, I'm gonna pour the toner away unless someone wants it. It is unopened. I just want the cute bottle. 

And for those who'd like to know more about the methylparaben, here's some info from www.ewg.org

About METHYLPARABEN: Methylparaben is in the paraben family of preservatives used by the food, pharmaceutical, and personal care product industries. Parabens mimic estrogen and can act as potential hormone (endocrine) system disruptors.





Comments

Popular Posts