My Opinion: New Year's Resolutions



Yay, 2013 is approaching us real quick.
It is almost customary that people make New Year resolutions around this time :)
I've heard from the radio that new year's resolutions are often not accomplished by most people!
In my opinion, I don't really follow New Year resolutions either : P 
On one hand, it kind of seems like a weak attempt at trying to change for the better, or get things done.
Yet, for me, I feel that at the very least you've done some reflecting. 

What do you want to change this year?
What do you want to do this year?

These questions will inadvertently pop into your mind as you chart out yer New Year's resolutions. That is a good thing as it has the potential to stay in your head : P


This year, I'm gonna have simple New Year resolutions:
1. Get a job. 
Right now I'm kind of a good-for-nothing bum lazing around at home doing random stuff.
Even temp jobs don't want me :'(
2. Get my art back on track.
No thanks to JC life, I've been unable to draw something for quite awhile now. I have a DeviantArt website here.
Latest piece of work.

3. Make more friends.
Yeap! I've always been very reserved and socially awkward! But no more! I shall be more outspoken in 2013 and hopefully meet more amazing people!
4. Read more books.
Books, books, books! Heh. I have at least 10 books I've amassed over these past 2 years that needs to be read. I've got 4 books on Native Americans, 2-3 on Anthropology, some on random facts of life, history books, fiction...ah, the list goes on! I've been lemming to jump into the world of text again, for it is indeed a magical world!
5. Be tidier.
I'm one of the untidiest person around, according to dad. Well, at least I wipe, sweep, and mop my rooms once a week! nonetheless, I do think I need some serious improvements in the tidying department :P
6. Do more volunteer work
Not for the CIP hours, of course! I tried some minor volunteering with the Salvation Army in 2012 and it was pretty dandy. I used to think volunteering was tough and I simply lacked the inertia. Well, hopefully no more!

Well, that's all for my thoughts on New Year's Resolutions. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? Share them with me!

Peace!
That Whimsical Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts