First Impressions: Playboy Perfumes for Women

Playboy Fragrances for Women S$17.90(for 50ml) at Watsons, Cold Storage, John Little, NTUC Fairprice & Sasa

Payboy has reached Singapore! 
At least, their fragrances did.
Their mags are still banned in our conservative society :P

I spotted them at watsons and ntuc finest. They cost S$17.90 which is affordable! Of course, my favorite affordable scent spray is Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Parfum that costs S$19.90 for 100ml at non-official stores. 

Here's a first impressions post for Play It Lovely, Play It Sexy and Play It Spicy. I've tried these testers several times at Watsons :D
I'll do a separate review on Playboy VIP! (I bought that scent.)
Edit:  Read Playboy VIP review here


Play It Lovely:
Top Notes: Citrus, Blackberry and Juicy Pear
Heart Notes: Cherry Baby Orchird, Belle de Nuit, Tuberose
Base Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Tonka Bean

Well, in all honesty I don't know all the smells of the notes listed. Play it Lovely on my skin is a pretty delicate vanilla-smelling fragrance(probably from the tonka bean) with some strong tones of muskiness. There is also a hint of amber in it.
Longevity-wise, I'd say around 2 hours on bare skin.

Play It Spicy:
Top notes: Pomegranate, Bellini Cocktail, Pink Berries
Heart Notes: Tiger Lily, Passionflower, Heliotrope
Base notes: Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla Essence

I must say, this doesn't smell 'spicy' to me at all! Like, I expected something sharp and crisp. But no, this smells sweet and mellow to me. Again, it's probably the vanilla+amber smell which dominates this fragrance. When first applied, I could indeed smell the smell of berries. Then there was fhe smell of floral before melting behind the smell of vanilla and amber. A very, very delicate sweet scent. I do like this.
Lasts around 2 hours too on bare skin.
EDIT: I totally bought one for myself. : P
Here's the review of it.

Play It Sexy:
Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Mandarin, Pink Pepper
Heart Notes: Jasmine Tea, Osmanthus, Liquorice
Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Tonka Bean

Skank alert! This fragrance screams, "I'M A SLUT". There is a overpowering burst of muskiness when you smell this scent. It gags me. But when I asked my male friend to smell it, he actually said it smells inoffensive. It smells like sex in a bottle to me! Just what you'd expect Playboy to smell like, IMO.
BUT, after awhile (~1 hour) I could smell the fruity and flowery undertones in this scent. Musky, fruity, and flowery. I quite like the scent after an hour or two, which surprises me.
Longevity-wise, this scent was detectable for 4-5hours, especially its muskiness.

Well, that's all for the first impressions. I'd think these are lovely for teenage girls and young ladies. If you're wearing this to work, I think it'd be inoffensive except for Play It Sexy >_>"
I've noticed some outlets' Play it Lovely are down to a few bottles while for others it's Playboy VIP. :D So I guess these 2 are popular fragrances. 

Comments

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox now each time a comment is added I get four emails concentrating on the same comment. Can there be in any manner it is possible to remove me from that service? Thanks! FM perfume list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts