{{Skincare Tips}}: Products I use in hot and humid weathers



Hello people~
The weather in Singapore has turned drastically humid and hot these couple of days. This change of weather has resulted in heat rash breaking out on my face again and thus I have scrambled to assemble my skincare routine which soothes my face.

Here's what I typically use in hot, humid weathers.
*Note* Results depends on the individuals! What works for me may not work for you~
These are merely recommendations! No reviews for the products are available at the moment unless otherwise linked.


1. Avene Thermal Water
$29.90/2x300ml, $20.60/2x150ml, $19.90/3x50ml at
 Watsons outlets, Singapore

This baby does wonders to soothe itchy rashes and skin sensitivity. Leave it in the fridge for a cooling blast. This is particularly great for me as my cheeks are prone to redness and my face overall is prone to heat rashes.

2.  Naruko Raw Job's Tears Night Gelly
S$23.90 at Watsons, Singapore


*review available here*
Ignore the whitening part of this product. I didn't buy it for any "supercritical whitening" that is touted by this range of skincare from Naruko. Instead, I first bought this when it was on promotion  (it's that cheapskate in me!) and found out it was absolutely great for sensitive skin people. Raw job's tears is indeed very soothing and the gelly is so lightweight that it can be used during daytime too!

3. Naruko Raw Job's Tears Toner
S$23 at Watsons, Singapore

I just bought this product recently and started using this in conjunction with the night gelly and lotion. Using it with a cotton pad provides a cooling sensation that helps to soothe my sensitive skin skin.

4. Naruko Raw Job's Tears Lotion
*review here*
S$24.90 at Watsons, Singapore

Well, it isn't as soothing as the other products from this range but it is more moisturising and non-irritating - perfect for sensitive-dry skin sufferers.

5. Avene Cleanance Emulsion
S$36(??) from Watsons, Guardian, Singapore

This product contains silicone/silicone derivatives which I am allergic to. Under a hot and humid weather the silicone seems to cause breakouts for me. Also, it seems too moisturising to for oily skin types. BUT when I started working in an air-condition environment this product is indeed soothing and adequately moisturising, being able to solve my sensitive cheeks.

6. DIY oatmeal toner
*review/tutorial here*



This is an extremely affordable and fairly soothing toner that I use whenever I am free to make a small batch of it. It is also somewhat moisturising and does appear to give a brightening effect to the face.

So yeah, that's the products I tend to reach for during the hot and humid days in Singapore (as if Singapore isn't hot and humid enough already!)

I hope this helps!
Love
That Whimsical Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts