{{Haircare Review}}: Ginger Shampoo from TheBodyShop

TBS Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, S$16.90 for 250ml
There's also a 400ml bottle (pictured) but I have forgotten
the price.
Hello M'lovelies!

Today I will be reviewing The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo!

This has been a staple for me for many years. It really helps to keep those pesky dandruffs at bay. 
This shampoo lathers up well and a 400ml bottle can easily last me for the most part of a year.

The product itself is a thick, yellow-tinged transparent liquid that has a strong aromatic ginger note.  I think the scent is rather therapeutic although the drydown smells medicinal. Because I enjoy the use of ginger in my food and drinks and even perfumes (Bvlgari's BLV, I'm looking at you), it is comforting smelling the scent of ginger in the shampoo. However, I've gotten comments from my mother and a schoolmate that my hair "smells"(i.e stinks). I think they meant there's this medicinal scent to it that doesn't smell particularly pleasant because people expect shampoos to be loaded with tons of chemically sweet scents. 

Honestly, I personally think that as long as this does the trick and I am neutral with the smell, who cares about what the others think?  

Anyway, if the smell does bother you I suggest using those mainstream girly-scented conditioner after using this product or spritzing a bit of perfume in your hair once it's dried. 
The ingredients.
Overall, a big thumbs up for me. Will keep repurchasing this product unless TBS discontinues it (it's so prone to discontinuing the good stuff!) I've tried tons of anti-dandruff stuff ranging from the lower-priced ones like Head&Shoulders to the higher priced ones like PHYTO and yet I still come back to this product time and time again.

Till next time, darlings.



P.S: Sorry for the lack of updates. University has just started and I'm currently wading in obliviousness trying to adjust to the curriculum and workload. 



Comments

Popular Posts