{{Clothing Review}}: Uniqlo Extra-fine Merino Wool Sweater





Le random me in zeh sweater.
Colour: brown (apparently I bought the wine color by accident!)

UPDATE: My wool sweater started piling after using it on and off during my trip in Europe! BWAAHHHHH :'( I HAVEN'T EVEN WASHED IT WHAT IS THIS.

Whoopdeedoo, the image of my sweater turned out really grainy *bawls*
But anyway, here's a quick little review of Uniqlo's Extra-fine Merino Wool sweater.

I've been lemming for one for quite awhile now, and since the days are drawing near to my departure from Singapore, I have decided to just grab one! Grawrrrrrrrrr. Why you no discount?!

So, I tested the female sweaters first but didn't really like the designs - they are really slim-fit (hard to use as an outer layer), and felt less luxurious than the male versions. I don't think the male versions are made of thicker wool per se, but that the edges like the neckline and wrist areas are raised slightly, making them look more expensive. So, needless to say, I trudged over to the male section to try out theirs instead. 

Initially, I wanted to buy the (ultra-santa-claus-inspired) red U-neck sweater but I decided against it. After all, it is quite hard to mix and match a ludicrously bright piece especially for formal business wear (to me, anyway) so a brown neutral tone would be the most versatile. The next nicest colour was wine red, but as I already had a wine red top which I will be bringing, I decided to grab the brown one instead (yeah, all shades of red, I know).

So, how does this sweater fare? At SGD49.90, it is not cheap for a seemingly thin top! However, I noticed it is quite warm considering how I break out in a sweat in the changing room trying out the various wool products.

Currently, I am sitting in Starbucks which has a really cold aircon (probably blasting 16 degree celcius equivalent air) that is starting to hurt my face. But, the sweater is surprisingly keeping my body warm, as the cold wind does not seem to penetrate the wool surface(yaaaay). Not bad for a thin, fragile-looking thing, eh?

Anyway, I will update this review after using this for awhile ^___^

Love y'all and stay happy!
-Jas



Comments

Popular Posts